Before You Get Your Makeup Done 101
We want you to look and feel absolutely amazing. We also want our makeup application on you to stay clean, fresh and flawless throughout the day and wee hours of the night. Here are some tips to make the most of your next appointment with Blush!
1) No Touchy! Don’t touch those blemishes leading up to your event and makeup application. A pimple is easier to cover than a scab.
2) Exfoliate! Nothing looks worse than applying makeup onto dry and flaking skin. Use a gentle exfoliating cleanser (or a clarisonic) and be sure that those dead skin cells have hit the road, jack.
3) Moisturize! Even if you have oily skin. Moisturizer plumps the skin and allows for a smooth and flawless makeup application. I like my clients to apply a good moisturizer after cleansing in the morning. Too fresh and the makeup will slip and slide. Leave time for it to absorb.
4) Use eye cream! Under the eyes is easily the most sensitive, thin, and prone to wrinkling area on the face. A good eye cream will really help to smooth out this area when concealer is applied.
5) EYEBROW GROOMING! I cannot stress this enough. I know that a bigger brow is trendy now, but a big and unshaped brow that travels down your eyelid is a huge challenge for an MUA. Be sure to have them groomed 1-2 days before your event and mu application (also, be sure to give 2 or 3 days if you are prone to redness). This also counts for peach fuzz on the moustache and jawline.
6) Finally, the lips! Be sure to use a good lip balm in the days leading up to your appointment so your lips look smooth and beautiful under that lipstick!
Hopefully these tips help you to get the most out of your makeup experience!
Shannon Ledger/Certified Makeup Artist – Blush Artistry